How to Market Your Law Practice Online
There are several tools for you to utilize to market your law practice online. For example, you can use blogs, press releases, or newsletters to promote your law practice. Read my simple tips below to get started.
Simple Tips to Promote Your Law Practice Online
1. Blog About Your Law Practice
A key way to market your law practice online is through blogging. When you blog about your law practice, you can share with your readers educational insights pertaining to your practice areas.
Blogging is great for search engine optimization (SEO). Having great content on your website is one of the main ranking factors for SEO. It also allows you to generate traffic to your website which also boost your SEO.
- Blog frequency impacts customer acquisition.
- 92% of companies who blogged multiple times a day acquired a customer through their blog.(HubSpot State of Inbound Marketing, 2012).
- 81% of marketers rated their blog as useful or better. (HubSpot State of Inbound Marketing, 2012).
- Nearly 40% of US companies use blogs for marketing purposes. (eMarketer, August 2010).
2. Use Social Media Marketing to Promote Your Law Practice
Use social media marketing to promote your law practice online. Social media marketing helps you gain online visibility for your practice. You have the potential to connect with thousands of people within your local community or nationwide.
- 96% measure number of fans and followers, 89% measure traffic, 84% measure mentions, 55% track share of voice, and 51% track sentiment. (Source: Awareness, Inc.)
- Social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing. (State of Inbound Marketing, 2012)
- Websites using the +1 button generate 3.5x the Google+ visits than sites without the button. (HubSpot)
- Two of the biggest user groups on Google+ are college students and software developers. (Remcolandia)
3. Send Out Monthly Newsletters
Sending out monthly newsletter is a great way to connect with business associates, clients, and new client leads. Include video messages within your newsletters. Make sure the video includes helpful information for the viewers. Most people would rather watch a 45 second video than read through 500 words of text.
4. Provide Informational Webinars & Podcasts on Your Website
Record informational webinars and podcasts to share with your website viewers. If you are a business lawyer, you may want to consider recording a webinar discussing how to legally operate an online business for your audience.
If your website is managed through WordPress, you can utilize several webinar and podcasts plugins to help you share your information with your viewers.
5. Use Video Marketing
use video marketing to promote your practice online. Make sure your videos provide educational information for your viewers. People are more apt to watch a video in which they can learn something from you rather than watching videos about a business promoting itself (commercials).
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%.(Source: Impact Branding & Design)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Source: SEOmoz)
6. Develop Pay-Per-Click Campaigns on Search Engines & Social Media Channels
Develop and implement an online pay-per-click campaign on leading search engines such as Google and Bing to promote your law practice. I personally recommend implementing pay-per-click social media advertisements. If done right, your law practice can get a better return on investment in comparison to running a Google AdWords campaign.
7. Share Press Releases
Finally, create and share press releases about interesting things happening in your law firm or practice areas. Do not use press releases for SEO purposes only. You should provide informative information for your audience to use in the press release.
I hope the tips above help you with marketing your law practice online.