Best Dates & Times to Publish Blog Posts, Social Media Updates & Newsletters
Timing is everything when it comes to publishing media to promote your law practice online. You should consider publishing certain blog articles, social media updates, and newsletters at designated time periods to increase your content’s visibility among your readers. Read on to learn what the best dates and times are for publishing blog posts, social media updates, and newsletters.
Research shows that the best time to publish blog posts is during the morning. According to the collective data of KiSSmetrics and HubSpot’s Dan Zarrella, the average blog post gets the most amount of traffic on Mondays. The average blog post usually gets the most traffic around 11 am. Make sure you schedule publications for Monday if you want to increase your online visibility and readership.
Social Media Updates
Facebook posts receive the most shares in the morning while Twitter receives the most engagement in the afternoon. For LinkedIn, research shows that the best time to post for maximum visibility is before and after business hours. Google+ posts receive the most activity between 9am – 11am during the workday.
According to Aweber, timing is everything when it comes to publishing blog posts and social media updates if you seek to maximize visibility. However, the best time to publish a newsletter differs.
There is no universal best time to send emails. It changes based on what you’re advertising and who your audience is. If you’ve already created a consistent experience with your readers (such as sending Tuesdays at lunchtime or Sunday evenings), it’s likely they’re comfortable with the pattern and might not want it to vary. Otherwise, the only way to find out the best time to send to your subscribers is to test!
Send out your emails at different times and see how your results vary: a lot of people open their emails in the morning, some open in the afternoon, and many others don’t even have the option to view their emails during the day.
Nevertheless, research done by Dan Zarrella from Hubspot analyzed each time of day and worked out which type of emails work best for that period:
- 10pm–6am: This is the dead zone, when hardly any emails get opened.
- 6am–10am: Consumer-based marketing emails are best sent early in the morning.
- 10am-noon: Most people are working, and probably won’t open your email.
- Noon–2pm: News and magazine updates are popular during lunch breaks.
- 2–3pm: After lunch lots of people buckle down and ignore their inbox.
- 3–5pm: Property and financial-related offers are best sent in the early afternoon.
- 5–7pm: Holiday promotions & B2B promotions get opened mostly in the early evening.
- 7–10pm: Consumer promotions are popular again after dinner.
Collect data over a period of time to see which dates and times work best for publishing your blog posts, social media updates, and newsletters.